Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Heartattack Chicken

Took a few days off from cooking anything noteworthy. And I've pretty much blown my diet until I get back from Mardi Gras. Nevertheless, I did something creative for dinner tonight that would have been not-so-bad for me had I really been following a low-carb diet.


Bleu Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Chicken - oh yeah, you read that right. I still had a small tub of Bleu cheese butter from the other week that I wanted to use, so I searched around for a couple of recipes and here's what I ultimately came up with.



Bleu Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Chicken


2 boneless skinless chicken breast
4 - 6 Tblspn blue cheese butter
4 slices bacon


Preheat oven to 350. Pound each chicken breast to 1/8 inch thickness (or really thin is what I mean). Place bleu cheese butter at one end of chicken and roll up. Wrap two slices of bacon around each roll. Tuck all edges in. Bake at 350 for 35 - 45 minutes.


To stick with the bleu cheese theme, I served it with pasta in a Buffalo flavored sauce (from Target).

Lessons learned: You probably don't need the bleu cheese butter, regular blue cheese would probably do just fine. It's a little tricky to make sure the chicken is cooked because you don't want to cut it open until you serve it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm..BACON! Anything wrapped in bacon is bound to taste good :) really great recipe! Hope you can come over and share this yummy treat over at Foodista.com - the cooking encyclopedia everyone can edit. Would also love a link to this post from our site.(This will direct Foodista readers to your blog)Here's how you can create inbound links from our site Check it out here. This is a great way for you to build blog traffic and connect with other food lovers! See you there! Thanks!

The Duo Dishes said...

No heart attacks here. Just heart palpitations! From excitement.

Bruce said...

Cannot believe I'm following a food blog....I must love ya neighbor!! And this does sound good and easy! (two of my fav's)!!

 
3 Columns Blogger Template by Amanda at BloggerBuster